Expert classification

Cdw46

I believe that Cody Conrad should be immediately moved up to expert. He has been flying under the radar because he hasn't shown up very often. He would be one of the faster riders in the expert class. He caught and passed me and looked smooth and in control. He finished about 30 seconds in front of the next fastest intermediate.

I know that mid season moves aren't done often but this is a similar situation as a couple years ago when a few guys were considered too fast for intermediate and moved up.

Just my opinion. If he stays in intermediate that means I will just finish 1 position better every race!

haynesrocks

Thank you for bringing this up.
Fact is, he's been roadracing a motorcycle since he was 8.
He has raced with the AMRA for the better part of 12 years, winning virtually every class there is over the years.
As a underage 12yr old took part in the Canadian Superbike 125cc Challenge and finished 4th overall for the year. (2008/9 I think; racing mostly 16/18yr olds).
When the CBSK came to Castrol 3'ish years ago, I talked Cody's way into the Intermediate race, and he finished 3rd.
There would be few people with more experience than him. He did a 1:23.569 in his only race last year, before the rear hub blew on him,
on a 600, this past weekend I think a 1.25; finished 2nd in the sport bike race, grided roughly 20'ish. (position 43; with experts in front of course- I think the winner was on a litre bike, but I do not know that for sure).
As Cody's uncle I've told him to just finish, don't try to set personal best times, because you need to be upright for them to even consider moving you, as it is seldom done.
But please don't move him up, I enjoyed this past weekend, not having him beat me....
It's kinda hard for Cody to come to the table and say, 'hey I should be expert', without proof of even a race school, Ever..
On a semi-serious note: if someone would like to take him under their wing, and teach him to ride, I know he'd appreciate that, clearly he is not learning anything from me ;)

Cdw46

This is very confusing. You gave like 10 reasons why he should be an expert then said u don't want him to move up? He spent his whole life almost racing. He ends up racing some of the experts anyways because he catches them. The best way for him to learn is to be racing with the fast guys.

What does Cody want to do? I can't imagine it's any fun for him to have no competition or his fellow intermediate riders who probably want to be racing other intermediate level riders.

DEFBOY35

This is very confusing. You gave like 10 reasons why he should be an expert then said u don't want him to move up? He spent his whole life almost racing. He ends up racing some of the experts anyways because he catches them. The best way for him to learn is to be racing with the fast guys.

What does Cody want to do? I can't imagine it's any fun for him to have no competition or his fellow intermediate riders who probably want to be racing other intermediate level riders.
I think the not move him up part was a joke cam. So that he doesn't get beat by his nephew.