Good dyno operator?

Spooner

Call Willie Vass. He doesn't have a dyno, but has access to one. With that he has made my bike run really, really well.

~S

Spooner

Don't quote me. You get the bike there, and then its $400.00 for the tune.

Also, it will be a multiple trip. (Drop off bike on day 1, he dyne's as he can fit it in, you come back and get it day 4 or 8 or whatever it would be.)
~S

Last edited:

sand.man

Don't quote me. But you get the bike there, and then its another $400.00.

Also, it will be a multiple trip. As it would more than likely be over a few days.

~S

Another $400 on top of? The dyno rental? or just the cost of getting it there?

ronin26

I know the guys at after dark. They do a lot of Harley stuff, really not sure about tunning? I THINK they have a 250i which means some load control.

Don't think I know the other guy. In his pic I see a house hold fan.... But that can't be what he uses for cooling. That's a 150i so the only load is the drum.

Good work can be done on both but it's not easy... An experienced tuner is a must.

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
Yup :(

Anyone had any experience/info on either of these:

http://www.accuratedynotuning.com/

http://afterdarkcycles.com/

I talked to both of them this spring, afterdark just said we don't do sport bikes. The guy at the other place seemed to do mostly quad and sled stuff, I mention my bike had an ignition module and he had no idea.

So far I have got by with an Autotuner and I rented a dyno for a couple hours to make sure the bike and fuel map I had was ball park running 'safe'. The shop I went to had a 250i. I played with a few things and found a couple horses, so not bad I guess. I'm sure there is more power in my bike, just a matter of more time and money spent on the dyno.

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
It was kind of a friend of a friend deal, touchy guys.... If you would be willing to do some tuning on a rented dyno that would be super awesome! I'd be down for sure.

ronin26

I highly doubt it would be at all cost effective. No idea what rental by the day would be, but I'm pretty sure two tunes a day wouldn't cover that let alone my time. I could do three on my dyno.. But on a dyno jet I think two would be the max for quality work.

Nice thought though. I'd love to help you guys out, to bad or want purchased locally... Obviously a market for it...

John's gotta tell us more on his rental deal... Which shop... Who was it (I may know them) how much...

Last edited:

sand.man

Nice thought though. I'd love to help you guys out, to bad or want purchased locally... Obviously a market for it...

The only thing that stopped me and Warren was an agreement he signed when selling his company, which prohibited him from partnering with any existing employees (myself).

And then literally a week after your dyno sold, those fucks canned me. :mad: