Haslam's GSX-R laps faster than Capirossi's GSV-R

racer51

Wow....click to read the article

LEON HASLAM lapped the Assen circuit on his Suzuki GSX-R1000 faster than Loris Capirossi on the Suzuki GSV-R800.
Haslam's best time on his GSX-R1000 at the Assen WSB round was 1m35.330 in qualifying. Loris Capirossi's fastest time at the Assen MotoGP round was 1m35.664, also in qualifying.
Haslam's fastest race time was 1m36.452 and Capirossi's was 1m36.219. Capirossi may have been faster than Haslam in the race but the out-and-out fastest lap of Assen this year by any Suzuki was by Leon Haslam on the GSX-R1000.

Read more: http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle...han-capirossis-gsv-r/12361.html#ixzz0sBXAlAhj

Leon-Haslam-GSXR.jpg

Last edited:

oldskool

The GP bikes and the WSBK's are closer in performance than you would believe. It's been shown many times over in their respective lap times.

Who was it that hopped on a street legal S1000R and did better laps than on his 'full on' GSXR1000 race bike?

jetfixer15

The SBK bikes were almost as fast just before the GP 500's were phased out in 2003. I think it's one of the reasons why Moto GP is going to 1000's in 2012.

Dave86

The GP bikes and the WSBK's are closer in performance than you would believe. It's been shown many times over in their respective lap times.

Who was it that hopped on a street legal S1000R and did better laps than on his 'full on' GSXR1000 race bike?

That was Chris Peris on the S1000RR

oldskool

Thanks.

Pretty crazy to hop on a streetbike and ride it even close to as fast as the bike you're used to.

racer51

The SBK bikes were almost as fast just before the GP 500's were phased out in 2003. I think it's one of the reasons why Moto GP is going to 1000's in 2012.

I hadn't heard that! Back to wicked evil fast will be more entertaining!

FNR

Interesting too that after Haslam got a podium in race 2 at Misano, he basically revealed in his interview that Alstare gets next to no help from Suzuki Japan. Seems a shame to feed big bucks into a not so great Motogp effort when a little could go a long way in WSBK. I know, not the same but winning in WSBK sure sounds better than maybe 5th through 7th in MotoGP!