is there any interest in pro photos?

racephoto

Hey guys. Just signed up here. Im a photographer and was wondering if there is any interest in any of you guys wanting some real nice photos rippin around the track?
I actually shoot alot of triathlons and marathons and really want to get my lens on some Super bikes. I have all top of the line photo gear pro canon bodies and lens's and typically sell prints to those that want them through my store. I dont know if u guys already have someone so i dont want to step on any toes. So just putting some feelers out there if there is any interest in inviting me out to any of your bigger events.

Whats the vibe?

Matt

sand.man

We have our "regular" photographers that come out to track days and race weekends, and there are some who come out every once in a while, and some I've seen once and I think we never heard from regarding their pics.

Having said that, I think any and all new photogs are welcome by all to come out and take some cool pictures. From a racers perspective, the more lenses capturing the action the better.

I'm guessing photographers have an unwritten code of conduct about how to be courteous to each other on location, and most of them I'm sure would be happy to give you tips on where to shoot from etc.

Just make sure you see an official before heading out onto the track, and try to dress in neutral colors so as not to be confused with a caution flag.

racephoto

Well great sounds like I will try and make it down. I have a world triathlon scheduled for june 22nd and 23rd, im not confirmed if im shooting both those days but if one of them frees up, I will definately try to make it down. Looking at the race schedule on your home page, thats the dates of all your events correct?

What time are the events?

Here is some of my landscape photography
http://www.flickr.com/photos/65147252@N04/

And my sports page www.race-photo.ca

Matt

Last edited:

DEFBOY35

like sandman said, its always good to chat it up with the other photographers etc. you never know, everyone sees things just slightly different through the lense and might have your own unique style or see a new perspective. in the end everyone benefits i would think.

on a side note it was kind of crazy too see just how many photographers were out in the corners in mission! would like to see a lot more of the pictures though!