Mission troubles

jetfixer15

It's a very unfortunate situation for the WMRC this year. The WMRRA seems to be very open to welcoming Canadian racers at their track. In the 90's when there was no motorcycle roadracing in BC, we all went to WMMRA or OMRRA events anyway. Perhaps that's what will happen again. Motorcycle racing in Western Canada has certainly taken a hit over the past year. I think I'll just come back to Stratotech this year for my Summer vacation and race there again. I hope the WMRC is able to salvage somewhat of a season this year and keep their club alive.

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
WOW! Sooooo glad we have a track like Stratotech here and a totally top notch track owner like Dan.

sv-racing-parts

:) Exactly, now you know why I am always so quick to say how much I like Stratotech and the club we have here at EMRA,

Aaron, it will great to have you back at Stratotech.

BTW Everyone, There is a WMRC special meeing Wednesday night to determine where the season will go with Mission,

I will post up right after and let you all know what the status is: The WMRC season will be limited is the one sure thing known today.

I hope we get a number of riders spilling over to Edmonton. Attendance will not be driven by special deals you can be sure, EMRA costs and fees are already much lower that racers pay in Mission,

ie, WMRC License, $200 EMRA not so much,

See you all soon at the SV Racing Parts Sponsored Track Nights before every EMRA Race event,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

andrew_marles

I really enjoyed racing out there last year, but it is quite a drive. Adds a full 2 days to an event, whereas it is feasible to drive to PR or the Ridge if I can get out of work a bit early. You guys are lucky to have such a great facility you don't have to share with drag-racers.

sv-racing-parts

:) Hi Andrew, It is a bit of a challenge and quite honestly I drive through the night both ways to cut the extra days down as much as I can,

I find it worthwhile and yes it is harder to do and longer to drive than the 6 - 8 hours to the new track at the Ridge, or to Portland,

Hopefully you can make it out to turn some laps again this summer,

See you soon,

Blair

Dean

We are pleased to announce the Mission season is a go! Last night, we had an overwhelming turnout of racers who voted to salvage what we can of the season.

May 19/20 Round 1 & 2, WCC
June 25, Round 3
August 20, Round 4

It's a short season, but a season nonetheless. There is a possibility of double points on the single rounds due to the weekday nature of the race.

Some of us from the WMRC are looking forward to the Edmonton rounds, and I hope to be there for a few of them.

MyTTwin

Great to hear the turn out was good and that the WMRC well be running a championship season for 2012.
Does your WCC double header round Over te May long weekend still include a track day on the 18th?

Scott

Dean

Sadly, we were not able to procure the trackday on the 18th. We are looking at a modified schedule for the 19th, however, none of the details are available at this time. There will be limited practice time, but we are looking at ways to maximize what we have.

sv-racing-parts

:) To say that the turnout of racers at the meeting was overwhelming is a bit of an overstatement. There could and should have been a whole lot more.

Definitely more members not there than those attending.

The good news is that the WMRC members are going work with what we have and honestly it is not much.

What we do have is a shot at putting together a way to work towards 2013.

This year we get two Mondays with no practice day.

There will be a privately operated Track Day the Friday preceding the Monday dates but that will require a full tear down end of day Friday, and go away with our pit gear for Saturday and Sunday, and then set back up for Monday morning. A bit harder on everyone and more difficult for those traveling.

The One weekend in May is immediately prior to our opener at Stratotech,

There are Friday night drag races going on the night prior so Set Up will have to be completed, Practice provided for and Race Schedule completed on the Saturday meaning it will be very tight. Hopefully we get some set up time after the drags end but that could be after 10PM.

The Sunday schedule should be not as compressed although there will still be very limited practice time prior to racing and probably a reduced lunch period to get it all in,

Not very pretty but all that WMRC as a club has to work with or offer this year,

With continuing pressure by the Car Club users who hold priority for track booking and rights to the track, it looks like weekends could very quickly be an thing of the past for Motorcycle racing at Mission,

BC desperately needs an alternate racing venue,

At the end of the meeting all I could really think and say is how thankful I am for Dan and Stratotech providing EMRA with the facilities and schedule that it does,

See you all soon,

Blair

Last edited:

Planepower

Agreed! Dan is a first class track owner and treats us motorcycle enthusiasts golden. It will be interesting to see what happens if and when Castrol Park completes their road course.
Best of luck across the rocks, hopefully WMRC can find another venue that values their business.

sv-racing-parts

:) It will be great to see you in Mission Jon,

One upside of this weekend is that everyone has Victoria Day Monday to get themselves home,

Great warm up for the EMRA opener the following weekend,

See you soon,
Blair

Last edited:

YZF1000jon

Something to keep in mind, our August weekend now has a full race day Saturday, and a full race day Sunday. Together with the full day SV-Racing/OTP Track day on the Friday, BC racers could come for Friday, race Saturday, and travel back Sunday to race Monday at home, seems pretty busy I know, but they would still get a day of racing in here to warm up for their August round. Just a thought.

sv-racing-parts

:) Great Thought john, Just to Clarify the Friday SV Racing Parts Track Day and Track Night scheduled for August for our out of town friends.

I have rented the track for the Track Day to run as Track goes Green at 9:00 AM Sharp Friday morning and the Track Day will end at 4PM Friday Afternoon,

The Friday Track Night will have the Track goes Green for Riders at 5:00 PM Sharp and will end at 9:00 PM on Friday night.

It will be a day and night warm up for a big weekend of racing in August.

Well worth the trip and time of anyone thinking of being at Stratotech for the August rounds,

See you soon,

Blair

Fireman

Something to keep in mind, our August weekend now has a full race day Saturday, and a full race day Sunday. Together with the full day SV-Racing/OTP Track day on the Friday, BC racers could come for Friday, race Saturday, and travel back Sunday to race Monday at home, seems pretty busy I know, but they would still get a day of racing in here to warm up for their August round. Just a thought.

We are currently hammering out the details for the wcc. With this shift in dates for the wmrc we will see if they are interested in competing in a 5-6th round during our second double header. With the availability of the Sv racing / OTP trackday on the Friday, it makes it a 3 day weekend for the out of Towners.

More info will be available soon.

Last edited:

sv-racing-parts

:) Thanks Justin, Push hard on getting them to agree to the rounds 5 and 6. Most all the WMRC racers that are running the WCC will come up and race in August for sure,

BLiar

nac.00

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member

I plan on racing sunday, then leaving straight form the track and heading to mission for the monday.... Looking to hire a driver hahah

Dean

I plan on racing sunday, then leaving straight form the track and heading to mission for the monday.... Looking to hire a driver hahah

LOL! Yeah, most of the WMRC racers too! We are looking at possibly doing a double-points day on the 20th, so it's a day we cannot miss! I'm considering this, and am glad I ride a twin, so I can do my race at Edmonton, then drive straight to Mission and get a few hours of sleep before we race there ;)

nac.00

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
LOL! Yeah, most of the WMRC racers too! We are looking at possibly doing a double-points day on the 20th, so it's a day we cannot miss! I'm considering this, and am glad I ride a twin, so I can do my race at Edmonton, then drive straight to Mission and get a few hours of sleep before we race there ;)

A double points day... :S
IMO, It doesnt even seem worth the bother at that point.

Couldn't we hold the EMRA WCC round in the July double header?