NEW FAST 25 RACE for 2011

twidders

OK Racers...since everyone was so open and willing to share their ideas on the Endurance race, I thought I would do the same for the New Fast 25 race. Thanks for the awesome input.

Incase you haven't heard of it...go to the HOME page at the bottom under EMRA changes for 2011. Read about the Fast 25 Race rules there.

We need to know what you think of this race. Like it? Hate it? Are you going to enter it...if you are fast enough that is ;)

Would you suggest any changes in the rules?

We need your input.

Thanks Everyone...

Less than one month to go...:D

Trina
EMRA Exec

JD96

Sounds like a good format to me. Simple and straight forward... Little different than what's getting discussed about the endurance race lol

scaryfast

I am looking forward to this race. It allows people to race with others they would not normally be able to (int vs exp). I also like the idea of qualifying. Gives you something to work for and have fun with on Saturday practice. Now all I have to do IS qualify

cyclecrazy

I like the whole idea behind the race format, is this going to run before or after the Senior open?

Senior Open, Novice one then Fast 25 or Fast 25, Novice one then Senior Open?

YZF1000jon

The schedule should be as follows: Senior Open first, followed by; Novice, Middleweight Twins, Fast 25, Womens Open, then Lunch.

Fireman

I think this will be a very fun race to watch and participate in. I would also like to hear from the membership about any ideas they have on this class.

What can we do to make this a race that everyone wants to participate in?

JD96

I really doubt there will be an issue finding 25 bikes to put on the grid. I would love to get behind a faster group and get under the 1:02 mark.

MyTTwin

I really doubt there will be an issue finding 25 bikes to put on the grid. I would love to get behind a faster group and get under the 1:02 mark.

Agreed, I would love to be fast enough to be apart of this grid..

YZF1000jon

If you pay Saturday and don't qualify (you get bumped by someone faster), you will be refunded right away. That's one of the reasons for the nice round $20, easy math.

Fireman

I have had this brought up to me and I thought I would mention it for club discussion.

We could make the fast 25 a non payout class that is free to enter if you qualify. Then give it our points structure so that it becomes a championship that we can compete for.

This ensures a full grid and repeat entries.

Please discuss...

Planepower

I have had this brought up to me and I thought I would mention it for club discussion.

We could make the fast 25 a non payout class that is free to enter if you qualify. Then give it our points structure so that it becomes a championship that we can compete for.

This ensures a full grid and repeat entries.

Please discuss...

I think it should be as intended - Dash 4 Cash.
We have championship and points in all other classes, perhaps a paying down to 5th would ensure a larger grid as we all know who the top 3 are anyways ;)

cyclecrazy

I think it should be as intended - Dash 4 Cash.
We have championship and points in all other classes, perhaps a paying down to 5th would ensure a larger grid as we all know who the top 3 are anyways ;)

I agree maybe paying to the top 5, but as an intermeadiate racer, I will be happy to be on the grid, getting experience chasing the fast riders.

scaryfast

I like both ideas but if I had to choose, I would go with the points structure. I think by running it this way it would be less frustrating for the majority of the racers. A cash payout would probably result in a smaller grid.

nac.00

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
what could the trophy class possibly be? formula ultra? I mean we already have a superbike class. This would just be mixed grid superbike with a qualifier?
I think the reason this race was created was for a nice payout. No other classes have pay out except for tires. The way things work in some of the other clubs I've raced in the US, is that the entry fee are a little bit more 10-20$ but the class generally has a club payout.