NEW FAST 25 RACE for 2011

YZF1000jon

I think the reason this race was created was for a nice payout. No other classes have pay out except for tires.
It was also a race that could be run by bikes that only have the opportunity to participate in a couple of races at this time. The cash payout idea was to make things a little more interesting, as there is immediate consequences and incentive, but this would have to be weighed with the risk of going all out early in the day, and risking tires and damage that may jeopardize a points race ongoing in other classes a rider may be involved in. I don't think we'd ever have small grids, as I'm sure us slower guys would relish the chance at some money! We never get to see that sort of thing, tire money either. It's really the "Fast 25" of those that enter!:D

Fireman

This is good discussion! It sounds to me like so far the majority of people like the idea of a $20.00 race for cash and fame :)

cyclecrazy

This is good discussion! It sounds to me like so far the majority of people like the idea of a $20.00 race for cash and fame :)

Lets be fairly clear, everyone knows I have no chance of winning the Senior Open, yet it is one of my favorite races. Very fast and scared at the same time.

If there is room on the Fast 25 grid, I will pay the $20 to be the last place guy! :)

jetfixer15

I like the proposed format for the Fast 25 race. I understand what a few people are saying in that the 1000cc I-4 bikes have the advantage but those same bikes only qualify for 2 classes; Sportbike Open & Superbike Open, with the possibilty of Senior Open for racers over 35. Fast racers on 600's can easily win too, in addition to anyone gifted on a bigger bore V-Twin. I also think it will be exciting to watch as a 25 bike grid is a good size for Stratotech. A straight forward dash for cash!

YZF1000jon

I understand what a few people are saying in that the 1000cc I-4 bikes have the advantage but those same bikes only qualify for 2 classes; Sportbike Open & Superbike Open, with the possibilty of Senior Open for racers over 35.

This was one of the beginning reasons for the creation of an open race like this, I think a bike like a TZ would also benefit from an additional race available to them.

Ducbert

EMRA Executive Member
I may not win, but I am willing to block for anyone in the top 5 for a 25% cut of your winnings. Contact me and we can work something out. ;)

Being a "big boned", slow, old bastard, I can take up alot of space on the track if need be :D

Any other "big boned", slow, old bastards want to start creating the "no you can't lap us" wall? LOL