New guy from Regina! (Do we do this?)

Ryan5544

A member, on a few other forums, and tried to search a welcome area, with no such luck.. So, I'm not sure you guys do this around here?? Hahaha..

In any event, the thread is already started, and wanted to introduce myself, and say, what's up?

Names Ryan, reside in Regina, 22 years old, been riding for around ~5 years or so now.. Will probably be seeing a lot of me around here these days!

Have been into racing for a long time now (...fan..), and thought it was time to get my ass out on the track!! So, my first track day will be this upcoming May 6th, at Stratotech for a track attack! I couldn't be happier, and am beyond excited!

Looking forward to meeting some new people out there, and having some great times, great memories, and the beginning of a new EXPENSIVE hobby.. Lulz..

Well, that's me, again if you don't do welcome threads around here, or if I posted it in the wrong section, my apologies, I feel like an ass..

Anyone else heading to the track on the 6th?? Hit me up! ( Regina doesn't have strippers, so my roomies and I, will be checking that scene out the night before... :l, if there are any party people around..)

Here's the bike!!

418882_10151307423060595_516875594_23100602_781722584_n.jpg

537028_10151469485925595_516875594_23704708_748730316_n.jpg

403185_10151340431240595_516875594_23201762_815768722_n.jpg

Aaaand me, for what it's worth.

419030_10151404169415595_516875594_23456134_688535120_n.jpg

Planepower

Welcome! And let's hope for fantastic weather.
I have a feeling it will be a busy day. Show up early to find a prime spot to set up and attend the riders meeting. Be sure to remove the coolant and fill with water, have full leathers or arrange rental (at the track). Most of all; ENJOY!

yak

Hi Ryan

Welcome to the EMRA.

I can't help but offer some advice too.

1. Get a good nights rest before the track day. It takes a lot of mental and physical energy to ride on the track.

2. There are lots of track days through out the summer, so please don't try to "win" your first track day. (I don't know you so maybe this doesn't apply, but I have seen a lot of first time riders get in over their head and at best they have a broken bike.)

3. Have fun!

Regards,

Todd

Ryan5544

Thanks for the pointers!!

I'm going to try to get into bed early the night before, but the chances are probably slim.. I'll see what happens!

BUT, I hear you about getting in over your head.. I have heard COUNTLESS horror stories, of people showing up their first day, with a big head, and that's when it all goes down hill..

So, thank you for the friendly reminder! Need to leave my ego at home for this one, and just ride to have fun! Only true interest is working on my skill, technique development, for a personal pat on the back. Don't think a race is in my dreams.

Can't wait to get out there!

sand.man

Solid advice from everyone else, remember to take it easy for the first few laps every session to get your tires up to temperature. Also there are almost always extremely helpful individuals at the track who will gladly help set up your bike if you're not sure about tire pressures and those clicky bouncy things on either end of the bike.

I'm going to try to get into bed early the night before, but the chances are probably slim.. I'll see what happens!

I don't mean to be a downer but I would suggest that you don't go too "hard" the night before not just because you'll be tired on your track day but because if you show up hung over (aka still kinda drunk) you're a hazard to everyone around you. I'd hate to see someone kicked out for this, or worse, injured.

I'm not sure I'll be there for that track day, but if you see the sexiest damn Honda motard you've ever seen burning laps slower than church music come say hi, my name's easy to remember it's the same as yours.

Ryan5544

Solid advice from everyone else, remember to take it easy for the first few laps every session to get your tires up to temperature. Also there are almost always extremely helpful individuals at the track who will gladly help set up your bike if you're not sure about tire pressures and those clicky bouncy things on either end of the bike.

I don't mean to be a downer but I would suggest that you don't go too "hard" the night before not just because you'll be tired on your track day but because if you show up hung over (aka still kinda drunk) you're a hazard to everyone around you. I'd hate to see someone kicked out for this, or worse, injured.

I'm not sure I'll be there for that track day, but if you see the sexiest damn Honda motard you've ever seen burning laps slower than church music come say hi, my name's easy to remember it's the same as yours.

:) Yep, my first concern is the safety of other people... It's not really a thing, I'm not going out to get shit hammered!.. Just need to be smart about it. Believe me, I'm not rollin' in cash, not interested in paying this kind of money, to be sent out...! Hahaha Just to enjoy the scenery!

Awesome! Glad there are some people out there willing to help setting it up! Are there people that are out there, for that specific reason, or just friendly folk, with the right knowledge?

Really?? That can't be right?!

Well.. I guess we do.. BUT, you don't want a dance from these women..!! Hahaha Can't even call them strippers.. I'd rather not post what I'd call them... Hahah. And, you can't drink around them, aaaaaaaaaaaaand there's only one place in Regina, and it's straight gangster.. :l