Questions about WCC and liscense

gisaak

I have a question for anyone who has been down to mission. Do you have to have CMA liscense or other insurance down there? Also with our Emra liscense I don't have a paper copy of my EMRA race liscense and was wondering if I need it when I go to Mission for the WCC round.

Thanks

Greg

jetfixer15

All you need is your EMRA licence for racing at Mission for the WCC rounds. Someone on the executive should be able to provide you with your actual licence prior to you going there. I picked mine up at the first track day before I went to Mission last year.

Fireman

Since there is not a trackday before Mission, I will see if a letter of good standing will be OK for mission. I would think that in order to get this letter however the EMRA would ask for your 2010 membership fees.

I will get back to everyone on this as soon as I can, I will Email the exec right now.

Justin Knapik

Fireman

I am working on this as we speak. Any racers that are new to intermediate this year and are looking to compete in mission for the WCC, please Email me and we will make sure you can race in Mission.

If you are in Expert or are a returning Intermediate racer, your name is already on our competition list from last year so you will easily be identified as having a licence if you do not have your hard copy available.

Planepower

Justin - count me in on the list as i do NOT have a hard copy liscence.
Cya in mission VVVRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMmmmmmmm.

Dean

Hey Justin,

Seek me out in the pits on the Friday trackday April 20th with your list of racers. Since I'll most likely be working in registration taking everyone's money, I'll know who to pass that list on to for our registration.

Also, if anyone from Edmonton coming out still has their dbCom, please bring it. That is the timing and scoring system we are on. We only have a limited number of rentals available.

Thanks,
Dean Drolet
WMRC #42
WMRC Treasurer

Dean

Oh, and if you do have a transponder, or even are going to rent on, please do pre-register for May 1st and May 2nd if you are coming. Pre-registration makes it much easier for us, as it does for you guys too. You can pre-register for the races at http://www.wmrc.ca/register. Ensure you fill out all the fields and choose the correct classes for your bike.

Since I know many of you will have questions about middleweight superbike and heavyweight superbike, here is the quick answer: Middleweight = 15 years old and older and heavyweight = 10 years old and older. You can only run 1 of these classes (you can't double-dip) since they are run at the same time. For further class clarification, please download our rule book at http://www.wmrc.ca/documents/

We do have some different requirements to race at mission such as all inline 4s that are 750cc and under MUST have stock exhaust pipes. You can have aftermarket headers, but your can needs to be stock. We are also very strict about numbers, size of numbers and the amount of white or yellow showing between the numbers.

Since we most likely have the same numbers with our club as with yours (conflicts!), please either add an X to the end of your number when registering and racing with us, or a 1 in front, or at the end as well might also work.

I'm a black #42 (Sorry Juan), so anyone else with that number will have to sport an X behind (#42x), or run #142 or #421 to keep it easy.

Fireman

Just Clarification on what dean had posted for our WCC entrants.

The trophy Classes available for the Western Canadian Championship are as follows (as in 2009)

-Expert Suberbike
-Intermediate Superbike

-Expert Open supersport
-Expert Intermediate Supersport

-Expert 600 Supersport
-Intermediate 600 Supersport

-Battle of the twins / Formula Thunder

While competing in any of the above classes, please understand that your equipment will need to meet the standard in the HOST CLUBS rulebook.

Please ensure you have pre read the rule book in prep for your races.

Justin Knapik

gisaak

So with my exhaust will I be ok? I am running a '05 ZX10 with a full Akro Evo system. Can I use this exhaust or will I have to fab up my stock can to fit?

Greg

Fireman

So with my exhaust will I be ok? I am running a '05 ZX10 with a full Akro Evo system. Can I use this exhaust or will I have to fab up my stock can to fit?

Greg

I ran a ful arrow system on my race bike (05 zx10) and blew over the limit. I then put in a exhaust bung which in turn blew a head gasket in my bike.

I would suggest the stock can. That is what I am doing this year. If that doesn't work I am going electric.

Justin

Dean

stock cans seem to be the best for keeping under 88db, which is our sound limit. We meawsure from both the announcning tower as well as our scoring booth (both sides of the track). The measurement is taken about 30' from the track. The scoring booth is close to ground level and the announcing tower is about 20' up and 30' as well from the track.

Sometimes header wrap works, but is stinky for the first little bit and smokes like hell until it "burns in". We do have plugs, but like Justin said, sometimes they can cause some issues. You can also build what we call the "Cone of silence". It's a bit of perforated screen steel that is wrapped into a cone, like a spark arrestor, and inserted into the end of the pipe. We safety wire it in, and it really does work well. We will work with you to meet sound, but in the end, if you are too loud, we can't let you race.

Dean

I see from pre-registration numbers that only Justin Knapik has pre-registered? Time's getting close and we close pre-registration 1 week before the event. If you are considering running the WCC, please pre-register now.

Dave86

I see from pre-registration numbers that only Justin Knapik has pre-registered? Time's getting close and we close pre-registration 1 week before the event. If you are considering running the WCC, please pre-register now.

Done! Looking forward to it.

Dean

awesome! Keep on pre-registering guys! Remind your fellow EMRA'ers do this too. It makes it so much easier on race day. I'll encourage all of our Vancouver people to do it too to help keep Ian and crew sane on your weekend too. I'll need new stickers for my helmet as I kinda killed it last time I was there :eek:

Dave86

Anybody heading to Mission going to have space for another set of warmers on their generator? The only genny with enough power to run three sets is going to be a bit big to fit into the trailer. Shoot me a PM if so.

Spooner

Not sure if I have a ride down or not... Find out on Friday afternoon. But I f I do end up driving, I have room for a three bikes plus mine. I'd rather not pull a 20 footer down with only one bike in the back...

I'll advise asap, to whether or not I'm looking for bikes to fill the trailer.

Oh, I also have a gen that can run three sets of warmers.

~Scott

Fireman

Not sure if I have a ride down or not... Find out on Friday afternoon. But I f I do end up driving, I have room for a three bikes plus mine. I'd rather not pull a 20 footer down with only one bike in the back...

I'll advise asap, to whether or not I'm looking for bikes to fill the trailer.

Oh, I also have a gen that can run three sets of warmers.

~Scott

Let me know scott. We can get the 2 that were going with me and we can all go together.