Race number question

DEFBOY35

hi, have a question on race numbers that i didnt see anything in the rule book on.
getting my numbers cut and wanted to make sure that they will meet the rules.
i understand being novice that my numbers are red, but am i allowed a black outline as long as the number is predominantly red? all on top of a white back ground of course.

thanks, and sorry if this has been answered. i read through a post about numbers from a couple years ago but didnt find a answer to what i was looking for.

shane

yak

Hi Shane

The short answer is no, you can not have a black border on your red numbers.

I've included a copy of the 2012 rule book below detailing the specific requirements for the numbers. Please understand that these restrictions are for your benefit. As a group of racers flash by the tower the manual lap counters need all the help they can get with legible numbers.

1.3 Number Requirements

Each motorcycle competing in an EMRA event must carry complete number identification comprising three number plates, one on the front of the machine and one number plate on each side. Each plate must display that rider’s designated and registered EMRA competition number (Not to be confused with each rider’s EMRA license number).

Race numbers must be 6” minimum height, with a 1” minimum white border and in a font that is legible for the purpose of lap scoring (while font styles that “taper” may be acceptable, a 1” width minimum across the majority or preferably all of the number is recommended).

Number plates should be:

• Novice - Red number on white background
  • Intermediate - Red number on white background
  • Expert - Black number on white background
  • Overall Points Champion – White number one on a blue background
Regards,

Todd

DEFBOY35

ok thank you. i just wanted to make sure. thought a 1/8 border would make the numbers pop more off the white back ground. all red it is.