Rear Tire Changes in Edmonton

Kurtz

Hi guys. Im looking for a place to get a couple of rear tires replaced. One of the bikes has forged aluminum wheels and I dont want any tool marks on them. I know of a couple of people that have gone to local dealerships (not mentioning any names) and have come away with damaged wheels. I really dont want to deal with that.

The second wheel is just a standard OEM rim from my s1000 but Id still expect that it wouldnt be damaged. I just wouldnt cry as much if it did .

If anyone can recommend a place that can ensure that their equipment is safe for aluminum rims and offers a reasonable price Id be incredibly grateful.

Thanks!

Kurtz

For fantastic service contact Scott at Empire Tyres.
http://www.empiretyres.ca/tyres#index

Not only does he sell the best race tires out there, but he has a No-Mar tire machine.

Thanks, Ill give him a call tomorrow.

Although I dont need tires, just the install. Ive always bought my bike parts online because in my experience the prices are always much better than dealerships, so I just grabbed new rubber the same way. I never really considered that I might have trouble finding someone to swap the tires and not rob me in the process. In hindsight I should have just posted up on here first to see what kind of deals are out there on new tires + install right here in Edmonton, outside of a dealership.

YZF1000jon

Some dealers are more careful than others, most are pretty good especially if you make it clear you are paranoid about your rims.

Tire prices online can be misleading, especially with conversion and shipping taken into account, phone around, you may be surprised that the online prices can be matched.

racer51

Support dealers

Some dealers are more careful than others, most are pretty good especially if you make it clear you are paranoid about your rims.

Tire prices online can be misleading, especially with conversion and shipping taken into account, phone around, you may be surprised that the online prices can be matched.

Good point Jon! Adding on top that some dealers offer free installation with purchase, that $10 online saving turns into paying $10 too much!

Shop local when possible!

mac1198s

Hi guys, I'm sure this is a little late for the post. Mayby help in the future if your in the same boat as me! But i had the same issue just a month ago. I was at the race in Leguna and purchased some Pirelli Rosso Corsa's. Was a great deal. I ended up getting Echo Cycle to mount them. They did a great job and my Marchesini wheels came out unscathed!! I was suprised to hear after phoning a few dealerships/shops...they don't even mount them for you if you didn't buy the tires from them?? What's with that...anyway the No Mar machine is the way to go if you are even changing your tires 3 times a season...the $600 machine will be great for the motorcycle tires and others as well. Seen the vendor down there at the race as well.

I have lots of room in my garage if anyone wants to go in on a No Mar!!! haha