Rossi v Marquez

Cdw46

What does everyone make of this situation? Even as a fan of Rossis I'm not sure how much I can defend him for all of this. The accusations the doc made after Australia seemed pretty far fetched, especially after Marquez ran down Lorenzo and passed him on the last lap.

The only thing I can say in defence of rossi is the race officials who are former racers agree that Marquez did purposefully slow down rossi when he got in front. If this is true and I can understand Rossi seeing red.

As far the incident itself it did look like rossi stuck a leg out, it's very hard to tell for sure that there was a kick

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
I don't get what the fuss is about, Rossi was clearly pulling over to stop and stretch his legs. Bad timing for Marquez. I hope no one holds a grudge.

yak

This is a crazy one.

I highly doubt that Rossi intentionally did anything more than run Marc to the edge of the track. That being said the multiple look backs as he executed this move makes him culpable for the irresponsible riding charge.

It seems plausible that Marc was messing with Rossi at least a bit. If Marc and Lorenzo were teammates this would be expected. In my opinion Rossi can only win this fight on the track with his riding; the public statements and hissy fits (justified or not) only diminish his stature.

I also find it odd that the former master of head games has let Marc run around in his head like this.

Now the latest shot in the battle is Rossi suggesting he won't run the last round: really? He has a points lead and he is a great rider. Get on the track and show us what you can do. As a sponsored racer his image is at least as important as his results. His current behavior is at risk of adding an asterisk to an otherwise amazing career.

Cdw46

I didn't hear about pulling out of the next race but there is no way he ll do it. I think rossi still has a good shot. Even starting dead last, I will b shocked if he doesn't get up to 5th place at least. Meaning Lorenzo has to finish at least 2nd ( I think ). The 2 Hondas and to a lesser extent the 2 ducs could rip it from him. And he still has to keep it on 2 wheels.

All I know is its gonna be a hell of a show