Ski trip - CMRA / EMRA / WMRC?

buellish

Now that it's winter it's time to hit the slopes. I'd like to get an idea if anyone is interested in doing a Racers ski weekend at Kickinghorse. I'm getting some info from them in regards to accommodations and deals right now. I'm planning on skiing Jan 20, 21, 22 and booking rooms for the 20th and 21 (possibly the 22 as well). If you are interested let me know either here or @ [email protected]
I will post something with the EMRA and the WMRC as well. If there is enough interest I'll set up an event page (CMRA FACEBOOK) and post details as i get them back from KH.

Lets see, bike racers, skis, possibly some adult beverages, it might be fun.

Chris Crump

sv-racing-parts

Ski Trip

:) Hi Chris, Great idea, I would be interested, but I think that is the weekend of the Vancouver Bike Show so most of the West Coasters will be tied up with it if that is the case,

Early February might be a better choice to get past the bike show season,

Keep me posted,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

Fireman

I will definitely look into those dates Chris. KH is on my "to do " list again this year.

nac.00

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
Sounds like fun. I'd be in for sure regardless of what weekend. Im looking at going to powder king next weekend :p

sv-racing-parts

Sounds like fun. I'd be in for sure regardless of what weekend. Im looking at going to powder king next weekend :p

:) Hi Neil, I had never heard of Powder King so I looked it up, The snow sounds awesome but I am curious,

How long does it take you to drive to get there from Edmonton?

Have fun,
Blair

nac.00

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
Yeah that's right Blair...about 9 hours from Edmonton.

kickinghorse might be a better option. I think its 6 hours to golden from edmonton.
Is anyone from Vancouver thinking of coming to the trip?

Dean

Most of us have to work the bike show that weekend. The bike show is where the WMRC gets most of its starting capital for the year. Sadly, a large number of us would have to skip this weekend.

nac.00

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
I would really like to see a trip like this go through. Would be too much fun!
My boss is pretty flexible on time off so as long as im not in mexico, im good to go!