Sv650 front wheel issue.

Arctic Donkey

No doubt your frustration level is high, I can't see what is going on either. If you remove the wheel and the axle does the spacer on the fork leg with the pinch bolts move freely? Have you tried swapping the spacers from side to side just for the hell of it?

Worse case scenario you could rip apart the wheel/axle/spacers on one of your other Gen1 machines and compare and contrast. If you end up with two bikes that don't fit together............I was never here.

sand.man

With the right side pinch bolt loose, remove the stands, hold the front brake and stroke the forks a few times (push down and pull up with force) and see if the fork returns to the end of the axle or at least near it.

Or just pull on the fork and see if it slides easily to the end.

That's all I've got *shrug*

Planepower

By looking at your pictures, on the left side there seems to be the speedo drive on you stock bike and its missing on the other machine. The speedo drive acts as a spacer to align the wheel against the left fork tube. I'm hoping my guess makes sense.

Jason Henton

In the second pic of post #13 is the axle sitting flush against the spacer on the fork with the pinch bolts? Any chance you have the wrong spacer on either the right or left side or have them mixed up? That spacer on the speedo side looks kinda long but it is hard to tell from the pic.

To me it looks the other way, like the spacer in the fork tube is to long. I would try swapping the spacer from the speedo side with the one in the fork tube and see if that works.

Tattoo

So had a good friend/ sv racer take his apart to figure out what happened to mine. Now his is doing the same thing lol. Least now I know I'm not totally crazy. Now hopefully he figures out his then I can get mine fixed.

jetfixer15

Have you swapped the spacers from side to side to ensure they were on the correct side? I looked at my SV and it looks the same as yours except the outter diameter of the speedo drive side spacer looks smaller than mine which makes me think it's the one from the non-speedo side.

Tattoo

Have you swapped the spacers from side to side to ensure they were on the correct side? I looked at my SV and it looks the same as yours except the outter diameter of the speedo drive side spacer looks smaller than mine which makes me think it's the one from the non-speedo side.

I did try, just to make sure. Unfortunately that's not the issue. I just tried messing around with it again. No go. Even when I run just a axle thru with no rim same thing. I really think the fork is bent, how is beyond me, just by lowering the forks. Anyhow was just gonna run this one as a rain bike, but now thinking house furniture. But thanks to all for suggestions I really do appreciate all the responses. Thanks

YZF1000jon

Did you try loosening off the fork clamps and seeing what happens when they are loose? My thoughts are that they aren't "level" and are binding because if this.

sv-racing-parts

SV650 front wheel issue

:) That is actually a possibilty, now that I think back I do think that the two fork legs on the gen on are not identical in length,

I will do a test on my Gen 1 front end here to see,

Best regards,
Blair