Theft insurance

gixxer60_0

I have a similar question storage insurance for my race bike. Stored in my trailer at home when not racing. Who cover s that. Checked with my insurance supplier and they do not cover that. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thad

chaseths

for the salvaged title I'm still finding out more information on the potential for insurance or requirements to have it insured, as for the race bike for storage as I'm assuming that it does not ever go on the street, as long as you have the usual documents fire and theft for the bike is available through state farm i have a contact for my person if interested in having a conversation with them about your needs and situation.
As i said before i have bike purchased brand new never tasted any street roads and has the appropriate coverage for if if stolen from my house, the track, or anywhere for that matter or if gets burned up in a house, garage or trailer fire, (id say not covered in a fireball wreckage on the track but lets not have that happen)

DEFBOY35

for the salvaged title I'm still finding out more information on the potential for insurance or requirements to have it insured, as for the race bike for storage as I'm assuming that it does not ever go on the street, as long as you have the usual documents fire and theft for the bike is available through state farm i have a contact for my person if interested in having a conversation with them about your needs and situation.
As i said before i have bike purchased brand new never tasted any street roads and has the appropriate coverage for if if stolen from my house, the track, or anywhere for that matter or if gets burned up in a house, garage or trailer fire, (id say not covered in a fireball wreckage on the track but lets not have that happen)
Don't bother with State Farm. They will not insure a bike solely for fire and theft.

gixxer60_0

I've been steered in the direction of competition insurance. I will post the details as I learn more. FYI. My race bike has never been registered on the road it has lived its entire life as a race bike.

chaseths

Don't bother with State Farm. They will not insure a bike solely for fire and theft.
im not sure what state farm you may have dealt with in the past but they certainly do, could of been a discretion of the office since there independently owned(had a previous bad experience dealing with one) they are quite flexible when i have a road bike for putting on and pulling coverage. they also have been bought out within the last year which dropped rates, but this has just been my personal experience

DEFBOY35

im not sure what state farm you may have dealt with in the past but they certainly do, could of been a discretion of the office since there independently owned(had a previous bad experience dealing with one) they are quite flexible when i have a road bike for putting on and pulling coverage. they also have been bought out within the last year which dropped rates, but this has just been my personal experience
You have a bike that they know is a race bike that is insured for purely fire and theft? If so please tell me which location so I can switch.

Mantis

I'm also very surprised that you have fire and theft only on a bike. I have the best broker, and she has been looking for options for years for me!

chaseths

Ok my apologies to you guys I inquired and the reasoning behind why I have the coverage is because the policy was grandfathered in so even though it is a track bike because I had a road policy and other insurance it sort of flys under the radar, so I wasn't wrong in what I said I just didn't understand the stipulations and realize it was a exception to my situation, again my bad but I do have that coverage I just wish I could of been able to extend that olive branch to fellow riders out there in a tight spot looking for coverage

gixxer60_0

So I have found a company that covers fire and theft for race bikes and trailers with contents. For my situation it costs me $365 for the year with $1000 deductible.
Competition Insurance is in Edmonton and in Calgary. My contact in Calgary is Deanna Martin she's is the person in charge of the race vehicle coverage. Pm me i can get you contact info.