Thunder hill

Fireman

I hear the weather for the drive was less than awesome? We leave in about a week and a half. Hope it is decent weather.

I hear the weather for the drive was less than awesome? We leave in about a week and a half. Hope it is decent weather.

The I-80 was shut down for about 100 miles from Reno on the way there. On the the way back we had chains on for about 130 miles from sr 20 to I-80 about 30 miles west of Reno. That portion took almost 4 hours itself. Both directions had alot of cross winds to deal with. Total cost for gas round trip was almost $1100 without checking the final # count, and yes I'd do it again!

Last edited:

jetfixer15

The I-15 was clear and mostly dry last week when I drove down from Alberta to California. It has been unseasonably cold here, much colder than last year at the same time (basically next to Willow Springs). I drive back at the end of this week, and the weather is supposed to be warming up by then.

Fireman

The I-15 was clear and mostly dry last week when I drove down from Alberta to California. It has been unseasonably cold here, much colder than last year at the same time (basically next to Willow Springs). I drive back at the end of this week, and the weather is supposed to be warming up by then.

Here is to hoping! Thanks aaron.

jetfixer15

+29 down here today. Track temps at Willow Springs above 30. Going home tommorrow though, but this week was great!

Even with all the bad weather going there and back, the two days on the track were pretty clear and dry aside from one downpour and a little cooler temperature. I wish I was still there.