Transponders

Ducbert

ALL RACERS

This is a simple guide to transponders signup/activation. What/where/how to register and link it to
your Motosportsreg profile so you get accurate times and results. There is a two step process to
get your transponder to work, please read carefully!!

The EMRA like most North American clubs uses the MYLAPS transponder system.
1) STEP 1: Once you have a transponder, log into MYLAPS to register it:
**If you don't have an account you will have to create one**

2) STEP 2: Log in to your Motorsportsreg profile which you created to sign up for Race school
here: https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/login.form

Once logged in, click the MY ACCOUNT tab, in which you will see your registered bike in the
lower left corner. If you don't have a bike registered, do so with the hotlink below "GARAGE"

Click "EDIT" beside the bike you want to use for racing.
Halfway down the screen you will see the "TRANSPONDER" bar. Type the number off the
transponder here, and be sure to click SAVE VEHICLE at the bottom of the screen.

**YOU MUST DO THIS FOR EVERY BIKE! EACH BIKE MUST HAVE ITS OWN
TRANSPONDER**

Thats it! You're all set to race and get recorded times for qualifying position where applicable.

NOTE- BE SURE YOUR TRANSPONDER IS MOUNTED ON THE LEFT FORK TUBE, WITH
THE ARROW POINTING DOWN AS SHOWN IN THE INSTRUCTIONS. IF INCORRECTLY
MOUNTED TIMING WILL NOT WORK.

Additional Points:
 I believe the transponders do not charge when the mylaps app is running and connected to
a pc.
 Once its up to date, you have to keep mylaps closed to get standard charging lights. If
mylaps is open you'll get blue(USB mode) lights.
 These units can be picky with the charging unit you use. In my experience, APPLE PLUGS
DO NOT WORK. I have had good success with blackberry and samsung plugs. make sure
you note the color of the lights when you plug it. If you are a new user I HIGHLY
recommend you charge a week in advance, unplug and check the battery light flashes.
keep it unplugged for a couple days and check back, then recharge it for race day.
 Your transponder needs a yearly subscription and the latest firmware to work. Be sure to
verify your firmware before each race round.

**It is the responsibility of the racer to ensure they have a working transponder.**

1693398785096.png

1693398797120.png