WTB: 03-05 or R6S stock can/muffler. Don't care if it's dented/rashed

Goatse

Just need something to quiet the bike down for Mission. I don't care how it looks, as long as it doesn't have any holes/leaks.

Ryno

If you can get ahold of gurpreet I sold him the exact setup you need.. a can for a 04.. it worked for me in mission last year with my r6

Goatse

By can, I didn't mean literally 'just' the can. Lol
20130130_200136.jpg

I'm looking more for one that comes with the actual piping.

So still looking for one guys. :)

Ryno

It had the piping but I had to modify to work with the Akro system that was on my r6, so I didn't have to change the header and mid pipe setup. Go to any exhaust shop and get a piece of tubing cut to length and welded on. Easy peasy.

DEFBOY35

and colin, did they give you a reading of what your bike was at? or do they only tell you if you are over?
would be nice to know just how close or safe you are.
wondering if just modifying the stock can to go on the leo's will work, and possibly a db killer if necessary.
either way i will bring a full stock exhaust as back up

Goatse

An 06+ with a modified stock header and the 03-05 can should actually be quieter than an 03-05 with stock exhaust. The 06+ have the honeycomb/cat material in the header tubes themselves. That big box in the underbelly is the actual muffler, and the can is pretty well straight through and just changes the tone a bit.

If you've got an aftermarket header on your 06. It mated up to a stock 03-05 exhaust should be no louder than the 03-05's, because it's generally the same setup.

Last edited:

Goatse

Go to any exhaust shop and get a piece of tubing cut to length and welded on. Easy peasy.

That'd defeat the purpose of wanting specifically this model of exhaust. I could have just used any can from a Kawi, Gixxer, etc and welded a tube on. This may not be the prettiest when it's done, but I don't want an abortion with 23 welds hanging off the side of my bike. Lol

Ryno

and colin, did they give you a reading of what your bike was at? or do they only tell you if you are over?
wondering if just modifying the stock can to go on the leo's will work, and possibly a db killer if necessary.

They just tell you if you go over.. no idea what db level I was at but I had no issues

sv-racing-parts

:) Hi everyone. Many if not most people leave the race headers on and bolt up a stock canister which can be done with a simple adapter to get back to the 88 or less db,

I wouldn't tear off my full exhaust if I didn't have to. It is not too tough to make up a connector pipe for the stock canister that will hook up the same as your race unit,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair