2010 Edmonton Bike Show Call for Bikes and Volunteers

Juan42

Greetings EMRA members and racers,
It's that time of year again, with the Edmonton Motorcycle Show coming up in January, and after that, race season is just around the corner.:rolleyes:
As in years past, we need some enthusiastic volunteers and 3 nice donor bikes for the show(a great chance to show off your bike!). It's a great opportunity to talk up the club and share your experiences with interested riders.

This years show is running from Friday January 15 to Sunday January 17, 2010 at Northlands Agricom. Setup will be Thursday evening and takedown will be by the last shift on Sunday.

We're looking to fill spots in the volunteer schedule as follows(each shift requires a minimum of two volunteers) :

Bike Pickup/Return - Jon Watchuk, Dave Kendall

Thursday evening setup - Dave Kendall, Jon Watchuk, Juan Messer
Friday 12PM to 5 PM - Jon Watchuk, Juan Messer
Friday 5PM to 9PM - Aaron Cluff, Adam Brown, Norm Dickson
Saturday 10AM to 4PM - Dave Kendall, Heiko Boychuk, William Z
Saturday 4PM to 9PM - Paul Crocombe, Lenard(FrozenInCND), William Z
Sunday 10AM to 1:30PM - Todd Yakimoski, John Guan, Norm Dickson
Sunday 1:30PM to 5PM - Jon Watchuk, Juan Messer, Norm Dickson

A Day Pass will be made available at no cost to each volunteer.
If you're interested, just hit reply and post up when you'd like to help out, and I'll update the list. Any questions, feel free to post up, or send me a PM.

I'll post more details and plans as they develop.

Thanks !
Juan

Last edited:

Dave86

I can help out with setup on thursday night and also take a shift any time saturday or sunday.

Juan42

Thanks Guys !
Jon, I put you and me down for the first and last shifts of the show. Hope that's OK, but let me know if you want to change times.

Brown

Juan,

I can fill in for a shift for any spot you have open. I still hav my shirt from last year!!! HA HA.

Thanks! Adam

Drsuzuki

Will there be a list of dates

Will there be a list of school dates and race date avaliable in time for the Edmonton show ? I would like to book some time off to attend a school and a couple of events. Is there any place to park an rv over night at the track?

Juan42

I'll put you down for bike pickup/return with Jon, we can figure out the truck/trailer arrangements later, and Saturday 4PM-PM at the show. Let me know if you need to change, and we'll fit you in elsewhere.
BTW...what's your real name? (sorry, I haven't figured out who everyone is by board alias yet)
Thanks,
Juan

I will donate some time, and I have a truck with ramps if you need a truck for pick up or to return them.

Juan42

I've put you down for Sunday 10AM-1:30PM, so let me know if that needs to change. We should be good for setup/teardown so far, but will get back to you if needed.
Thanks John,
Juan
ps- what's your last name John?

I can help out on either saturday or sunday, and most likely setup/teardown if we need.

John

Juan42

No answers unless you volunteer....:rolleyes: just kidding.
We should have the race school dates and the 2010 race schedule determined by the time of the bike show.

Will there be a list of school dates and race date avaliable in time for the Edmonton show ? I would like to book some time off to attend a school and a couple of events. Is there any place to park an rv over night at the track?

Last edited:

Drsuzuki

I would be willing to volunteer

I could volunteer on the saterday night , I am in Grande Prairie and would be willing to drive down , As a newbie to road racing i am not sure what i can offer , but i have been riding since 1979 and worked as a parts and service manager in a Suzuki shop in Grande Prairie for 14 years up until 2006. I do have an interesting old bike or two but they are not set up to race yet .1982 Honda mb5 and a 1977 Honda 400 super sport that I will try and race vintage in 2010. :D

Juan42

Hi Kent,
We've got Saturday night covered, however If you're coming down for the show anyway, certainly drop by and hang out, we'll be happy to chat racing with you !
Juan
I could volunteer on the saterday night , I am in Grande Prairie and would be willing to drive down , As a newbie to road racing i am not sure what i can offer , but i have been riding since 1979 and worked as a parts and service manager in a Suzuki shop in Grande Prairie for 14 years up until 2006. I do have an interesting old bike or two but they are not set up to race yet .1982 Honda mb5 and a 1977 Honda 400 super sport that I will try and race vintage in 2010. :D