I have a few I’d like to also motion.
1. senior open.
I understand the the age of the senior open was moved from 35 to 40 and I would like to motion and change it back to 35. Based on the demographic of the riders a senior is about that 35 and older range. When riders are around 40 attendance or longevity in the sport will decline. I also believe the club makes and does every action to promote additional riders into each class. This is doing the negative effect by reducing grid sizes. As well as loss in revenue to the club. If you reduce the class by 5 riders over 7 rounds that is 35 registrations per year. even a conservative 50% resign up rate (registering for a different race) that is still a loss of $350. Not a big loss but still a loss of potential revenue.
“motion that the age limit be changed back to 35 for senior open”
2. Housekeeping item.
As a business owner I understand the fundamentals of working as a team and having a good team to complete tasks in an efficient and effective way. I also believe that some times there are some that just do not jive or mesh well in the group and causing more harm then good. I am not discrediting any persons capability, but a team is as strong as your weakest link. I’m not Sure if this is rule change, or bylaw change, or system change. But I would like to motion that it is not needing (I believe current way it is)“unanimous vote” to vote a executive directer off mid season. You require only 1/3 votes in favour with at least the president, vies president, and other appointed executive member all in favour.
just like any business there some times needs to be accountability and respect for all members. this is not obviously an instant dismissal item. for dismissal it would be no different then any other job. You get a verbal Warning recorded and then a written warning after all that, then dismissal can occur.
This was never an issue before but in the past few years I tend to see a pattern and this is Just an idea. Its based on observing an issue with our current format, once you get on as a director there is no recourse for people that do not do what is needed or people that are not working well with a team.
3. Being voted in as a director.
I belive in order to be on the executive you should have observed a season or two of how the club operates before you can be a member. For a couple reasons. Fresh ideas are great but I also believe the ideas may be different after a year of observation. So my motion is to be a director or executive member you need to meet one of the criteria’s.
A) Be an intermediate racer,
B) volunteered for 2 year (majority of the year) with the EMRA,
C) have completed 1 season with the emra(intermediate or expert riders from out of town that move to Alberta) .
- Input on air bag idea.
I like the idea of incentivizing airbag suits by offering a discount. So I ran some numbers and this is what I came up with based on an estimated number of people due to injuries especially collar bone ones and not able to race after.
All these are estimated numbers and predicted numbers. And air bag availability.
7 people were not able to ride due to broken collar bones that were avoidable.
Based on the 7 riders Missing an average of 3 weekends with the average 3 races a day that equals to $1350 a rider. A revenue loss for the club of $9450.
Considering a current average rider turn out of 70 people per round. Estimated 20% already have rider air bags and trying to incentivize an additional 20% for a total 40%air bag suit rider coverage.
Over a 7 round season there would be a total of an average 490 registrants and discount going to 40% of them 196 registrant discount.
air bag registrant could be able to receive a $48 discount and the club would still be in the same position as it was with no air bag incentive. Now introducing a ratio that 30% do not race again or situationally don't race due to what ever reason and only 70% return. We now are able to offer $33.75 per round saving for all air bag registrants.
So let’s round to $35 All this is suggesting is that each rider would get an average of $245 per year in saving and not effecting the bottom dollar of the club what so ever.
Lastly lets look at it this way. if the rider uses their airbag suit for four years they’ve essentially paid off their airbag. Even if it’s one year. The savings will be better than doing a group buy for It will be a bigger discount at the end of the year as well as beneficial to the club as a whole. Two birds with one stone.
I thought our goal was to make racing cheaper and safer i would think this is a no brainer. That’s just my 2cents