95 dbl limit question?

JohnnyR6

Hey so i have a 09' R6 with a BMC race filter and will be installing a full Leo exhaust... i cant seem to find out if that would put me over the noise limit? and how many people have even gotten close to the limit?

Thanks

sand.man

I may be mistaken but I believe 600's are a little louder than most other bikes when uncorked also, just something to consider. Does LV not stamp their Db rating on the pipe?

M87

Normally full race systems are within the limit at Stratotech. I have run an Arrow and an Akro with no problems on aZX-6 and an Akro on a CBR no problems.

YZF1000jon

Singles and twins both seem to read louder than the multi's, if it seems really loud at home, more than likely it'll be close. But most of the ones that have been, didn't even have any packing left.

JohnnyR6

I may be mistaken but I believe 600's are a little louder than most other bikes when uncorked also, just something to consider. Does LV not stamp their Db rating on the pipe?

Well i have to order it still so i would assume it does but wouldn't know till it gets in.

Singles and twins both seem to read louder than the multi's, if it seems really loud at home, more than likely it'll be close. But most of the ones that have been, didn't even have any packing left.

So basically if its a new exhaust system i should be fine? i mean its kinda hard to say yeah 95 limit when you gonna have 20 guys ripping around a track at the same time. I'm just wanting to make sure that the grand i'm going to drop on an exhaust is not going to get me told to go home cause you are TOO loud

YZF1000jon

I don't know of any new exhaust systems on in-line engines that have been at or near the limit. As mentioned the only ones that were close were blown out. And Dan has the technology to sound test bikes (you're not always in a group) as they go through turn one.
You should be able to request sound level info from the place you're buying it from too. Keep in mind you will not be able to race at Mission with it.

JohnnyR6

Im only looking to do track days ATM im basically wanting to know is how the testing is done say right at the pipe, 50 ft way, from in the stands..... just kind seams hard to meet a 95 limit right behind a bike that puts mid 80s stock.... and it looks like the leo ads like 14 dbls

sand.man

Normally Dan will be testing from a tower at the start of the back straight (if he is testing at all, I've probably only seen him up there once).

Really you won't know until you get out there with it. You'll know it if you're noticeably louder than everyone else.

JohnnyR6

yeah i know the Loe Vince is a louder exhaust since it will be a full system, but deffanitly not the loudest by any means and realistically will sound like any other modded bike that someone has not deliberatly went into the exhaust and messed with it.

nac.00

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
a new full exhaust on an R6 will be fine. If its new to you, but used and i mean really used (like mine), it will be alot louder.... but i still pass. Leo are on the quieter end iof the scale as well...
Youll be fine...just dont bring it to mission.

JohnnyR6

where is mission and do they have track days? i guess i will go ahead and order the new exhaust. i really appreciate the help guys i cant wait to meet some of you out there. this gives me a better feeling about getting the exhaust

Dave86

I've been running a full ti Leo Vince system on my 600RR, it's a huge pipe (2.5" diameter mid pipe and through the can), so I expected it to be loud but it's really not that bad. The side exit on the R6 might be a little louder because it's such a short exhaust, but I still wouldn't expect it to be loud enough to be worrying about the dbl limit.

DEFBOY35

i hope it is fine. the r6 i picked up has a full system and has been raced no problems i assume at strato for the previous owner.
last year i ran my R1 with a shortened and straight baffled with crappy packing stock exhaust can, and know for a fact there were race prepped bikes out there much louder than it was. so hopefully you dont have to worry about it.

on a side note if you havent been out to the track yet, get ready to be hooked!

JohnnyR6

yeah just track days for now since i don't want to safety wire my bike just for track days .... if i really like it ill build myself a track bike :D

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
a new full exhaust on an R6 will be fine. If its new to you, but used and i mean really used (like mine), it will be alot louder.... but i still pass. Leo are on the quieter end iof the scale as well...
Youll be fine...just dont bring it to mission.

Yeah Leo system are not too loud. Robarts had one on his 600rr at Mission on the track day before the WCC last year, no one said anything to him about being too loud. Then again maybe the guys doing the sound checks were too busy looking for Jesse's ZX10 to notice haha.

mojobie

where is mission and do they have track days?

Mission, BC, in the Vancouver/Abbotsford area. I would assume that they have track days, but it'd be quite a haul to get there just for that (but it is a very nice experience to get out to a different track).

JD96

For how much I spend going to mission, I think miller would be just as affordable of a trip

And yes, they host track days. I just wish the drag racers were more conscious about coating the friggin track in oil. That was retarded last time I went. Turn 1, turn 2, 4 and 6 had oil every where.