How many track days

Powderbrad

Does Castrol see?

Id like to get a bike (thinking cheaper GSXR 6) for a track bike. though, checking Castrols site you get a whopping 1 track day a month for bikes.

Any point in attempting to track day, seeing as its so seldom? Likely a $5000+ investment (bike, tires, race suit) to use 1 day a month it seems.

Just trying to see it justified, or if its a pipe dream.

I might just get a suit and take the KTM out a couple times, but I don't wanna spill it and Ill be taking it 85-90% to keep it shiny.

I figure if it cant be done twice a month theres no point.

Thanks,

M87

Everyone takes it 85-90% on track days even racers.
You might want to try your KTM first. If you have never been on a track before you might find that there is a lot to learn even at a slower pace.
As a first time track rider you will be lead around the track for the first two sessions by a seasoned racer before being "cut loose". Most riders find this is enough of a challenge on a familiar bike without adding getting used to a different bike.
If you want to do the track bike thing don't think of it as $5000 since you will probably sell the bike for 80-90% of what you paid for it. Think of it as renting.
Either way, once you have tried it it's hard to quit.

yak

Welcome

Did you notice that HardNox also offers track days?

http://www.castrolraceway.com/index.php?mo=pages&p_id=150

It is a learning year for everyone. With good support Castrol will likely expand the offering for next year.

That being said come out on your KTM and enjoy both it and the track. I know there is a psychological barrier in bringing one's shinny street bike out to the track, but it is simply asphalt with turns in it. You choose how you "attack" it.

There is a track night this Friday. Even if you decide not to ride it come out and talk to the other street riders that are and see what they have to say.

Best regards,

Todd

trayrg

Hey, as Todd just mentioned, you have a choice of both the EMRA Track Attack and our HardNoX Track Dayz this year; which would provide you with a couple of days a month. Next year we will probably expand our schedule as well. Check us out.

DEFBOY35

having the, i need to keep my bike shiny, thought in the back of your head is a good way to keep yourself in check and not try to overshoot your limits for the first little while.