New to racing???

Hey guys this will be my first year racing. I have the bike already 2006 gsxr 600. have a few questions though.
1. Is there camping at the track
2. What's the steps to starting racing I see I missed out on race school level 1 what's my alternative to starting racing now.
3. How do I get a number assigned.
I hope to do the first emra race end of may
Thanks for any help

sand.man

1. No camping is not allowed.

2. Normally the steps would have been to acquire a bike, the required safety gear, familiarize yourself with the club equipment and safety regulations, register well in advance for the race school and have everything prepared for that date. Asking questions on this forum is also a great start. After the race school you'll be very educated and well prepared for your first race. Just remember that we are racing for fun, not millions of dollars, so take your time and don't be too eager to "win" on your first time out.

3. To get a number assigned you need to look through our rider directory and find a number not already in use. There is a thread on this forum with up to date number reservations which you can look through. As a novice racer you are limited to red numbers only. To reserve a number I believe you *should* have been registered for the race school first.

Because you missed out on the level one I think you're going to miss round 1 and you'll have to wait for Fireman's school but I cannot remember when he usually holds that course. Possibly in time for round 2, Fireman (Justin Knapik EMRA vice prez.) can confirm, but I'm thinking it may also depend on interest. It's probably not worthwhile for him to rent the track for 2 days for one or two people.:cool:

Good luck to you, come say hi in the pits when you make it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the help. I am just finishing up building the bike. Got all protective gear. Finally get around to going on the computer to sign up for race school only to find it's sold out. I have no luck at all lol

YZF1000jon

Have you been on our track at all yet? If not, a season of track days will get you familiar with it before attending the school and trying to learn what the instructors will be telling you AND the layout of the facility. Volunteering can also get you familiar with the events we hold, and as a bonus, we pay our volunteers with Track Vouchers, allowing you to get free track time. This is all IF you want to wait to race until next year. I'm not trying to discourage you from racing, but if timing is working against you, it may be an option. There may also be a waiting list for you to put your name on if someone withdraws from the school.

yak

Update

There was a cancellation yesterday and I have already let James know about it so there is a simple solution.

Regards,

Todd