Exhaust options for 06+ R6R's at Mission

Goatse

As the title states.

Being that most race bodywork doesn't even allow the use of the stock muffler/cat that's in the belly pan area, and the stock can doesn't look like it'd 'muffle' much, what are the R6 guys doing for exhaust cans to stay below the 90db limit at Mission?

I'm ditching the stock muffler/cat for the M4 mid-pipe, and need to find a slip on. I see the LeoVince units come with their Evo II silencer, but I have no clue how effective those silencers actually are.

sv-racing-parts

As the title states.

Being that most race bodywork doesn't even allow the use of the stock muffler/cat that's in the belly pan area, and the stock can doesn't look like it'd 'muffle' much, what are the R6 guys doing for exhaust cans to stay below the 90db limit at Mission?

I'm ditching the stock muffler/cat for the M4 mid-pipe, and need to find a slip on. I see the LeoVince units come with their Evo II silencer, but I have no clue how effective those silencers actually are.

:) I have all the M4 goodies you could want, let me know if I can help you out,

Email me Directly at [email protected] and I will get you looked after,

Best regards,
Blair

Ryno

As the title states.

The shitty thing is, its actually a 88db limit

sv-racing-parts

The shitty thing is, its actually a 88db limit

:) That has been a Mission issue for some time now, The good news is that at least now we can use the system of our choice as long as we are blowing the 88db.

You should be good Colin as Justin ran that bike at Mission previously,

Best regards,
Blair

Dean

The limit is in fact 88db, and we have to be extremely strict about it. While we do allow aftermarket exhausts now on 600s and 750s, we still recommend that you have a stock system to fall back to. The stock systems pass sound, but we've yet to find a consistent system on the smaller inline-4s that passes. Some Leo Vince systems do pass, but they did also require modification to do so as well.

We really don't want to turn anyone away, especially those who have traveled, so again, please also bring a stock system with you. We have a full range of R6s at our track that run stock. They usually split the cat and gut it, then re-weld it up. That keeps the heat down so then you have nothing to worry about with the bodywork.

sv-racing-parts

Do you allow aftermarket pipes on a 1000cc twin if it will meet DB limits?

:) Absolutely. I have helped several WMRC Riders with after market pipes and silencers on the big twins; I am referring to 848 - 1098 - 1198 etc,

Email me Ryan and I will help get you pointed in the right direction,

Best regards,
Blair

Dean

Do you allow aftermarket pipes on a 1000cc twin if it will meet DB limits?

Yes, only inline4 600 to 750s were subjected to the old stock exhaust rule, mainly due to their pitch. All twins can easily meet sound with aftermarket exhausts.

Planepower

Yes, only inline4 600 to 750s were subjected to the old stock exhaust rule, mainly due to their pitch. All twins can easily meet sound with aftermarket exhausts.

Really? That's contrary to what my ears tell me. There's been some pretty loud singles as well. Granted the inline 4s have quite the 'whine' at 14K+ rpm. But those loud BOOMS from the big bores really rattle.

Dean

Sadly, most of our singles have left us because of sound restrictions. It takes a LOT more stuff to make a single quiet. Gio is our only one left on a CRF450, and for that, he has to run a stock 450X can with a large "machine gun" silencer that sticks out the back by close to 25cm.

Goatse

I think to play it safe I'll just run my B bike. It should be easy enough to find a 2nd gen R6 stock can by then. I'd hate to get all the way there and be over.

Thanks for all the input. I got the 90db limit from remembering that's what their street legal drag limits were out there.

nitto182

I just watched an 'On The Throttle' video that took a tour of the yosh usa factory and there was a segment about how they went back and redesigned their exhaust for a 06+ R6 and managed to save a good chunk of db's. maybe look and see what it is now??

Dean

I look forward to seeing all you at Mission this year! I'll also return the favor and bring a whole bunch of the BC people up your way too. All my family loves it when I come back to Alberta to visit and race too.

DEFBOY35

is there any information on what was done to modify the leo vince exhausts on the 06+ R6's
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Goatse

I just watched an 'On The Throttle' video that took a tour of the yosh usa factory and there was a segment about how they went back and redesigned their exhaust for a 06+ R6 and managed to save a good chunk of db's. maybe look and see what it is now??

Thanks. I'll look into that.

is there any information on what was done to modify the leo vince exhausts on the 06+ R6's

I've been searching into quiet exhausts and so far it seems like the LeoVince systems with the "e-baffle" have the ability to be quiet.

This is one comment from the R6 forum,

i know the sbk comes with a quiet insert. i took mine out b/c it made it more quiet than stock.

From here,

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2357333

Goatse

Also found this, which is supposed to be for 06 R6 slip-ons.

I don't know how reliable the source is though.

Sport Rider Slip-on Test in dBA:

Stock 90

Akrapovic 95
Arata 98
ARROW 99
ART 102
Blue Flame 99, 97, 95
Bos 97
CHM 97
D&D 105
Devil 101
FMF 100
G-Force 99
GYT-R 104
Harris 97
Hindle 96
HMF 103
Hotbodies 108
Indigo 95
Ixil (reg) 100
Jardine 101
Laser 96
Leo Vince 101
M4 98
Micron 104
Nikko 99
Remus 99
Scorpion 98
TiForce 98
Two Brothers 101
Wolf 110
Yoshimura 99

Dean

They kept purchasing large plumbing pipes that had close to the same diameter as the exhaust port on the back of the can. They had to extend the length of it, as well as drill holes to make it look like a smaller machine gun silencer. Then they took and old exhaust for the steel mesh material that holes the packing in, and made a cone by bending it and inserted that in the end. This "cone of silence", in conjunction with lengthening the end of the can with pipes, was enough to get it to pass.

I believe that the end pipe was also angled slightly upwards to ensure that sound was directed up and away.

Goatse

I've emailed LeoVince directly asking about their e-baffle and Evo II inserts.

I believe that the end pipe was also angled slightly upwards to ensure that sound was directed up and away.

I bet that hurts a lot of the r6 setups as well. The sound would be directed right at where they are measuring from, instead of in a different direction like on a 600RR.

nac.00

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
Don't want to burst bubbles here but the chances of getting an r6 without stock exhaust to pass sound reg at mission is slim to none. You would have to make a custom exhaust system with a really long can , really long and still add a db killer as well as a homemade baffle that sticks out of the muffler. Probably req header wrap as well.