Exhaust options for 06+ R6R's at Mission

sv-racing-parts

I believe that the end pipe was also angled slightly upwards to ensure that sound was directed up and away.

:) Hi Dean, am thinking that the pipes had an angle down and the holes to direct the sound in multiple directions in order to reduce the db readings,

Best regards,
Blair

Fireman

You will need a stock exhaust guys. You will be disappointed with yourselfs if you make the drive and cannot ride. The WMRC does their best to help. But they cannot bend on the sound rules. It is a restriction that is placed on them.

So get out the stock exhaust and let's go have some fun

Goatse

So get out the stock exhaust and let's go have some fun

From earlier.

I think to play it safe I'll just run my B bike. It should be easy enough to find a 2nd gen R6 stock can by then. I'd hate to get all the way there and be over.

I'm still looking into options just to see what is out there though. There are strict sound laws in Europe, so it won't hurt to exhaust (no pun) all options.

Planepower

Sadly the Husky stock exhaust I have is just a straight thru with fiberglass packing. I'm sure it's over 90db.

editI was scanning the interweb and came across a British track site that presented info on their noise requirements;

The noise limit for the day is 105 db(A), which is measured at ½ metre from the exhaust outlet at ¾ maximum revs. It is the rider’s responsibility to ensure that their machine is within this limit. All machines are sound tested prior to going out on the circuit. In the event of a machine failing the sound check, then the rider will be entitled to a 75% refund. If you are unsure if your bike will get through the noise test (i.e. if it is fitted with an after market exhaust system), then you can always come over to get the bike noise tested prior to booking a place.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING SOUND TESTING:

Manufacturers are now launching bikes with shorter Moto GP style exhausts.

Whilst they look great, the smaller silencer means that some of these new bikes are over our noise limits. We do appreciate the frustration of buying a brand new road legal bike only to discover that it is too loud to ride at Castle Combe.

In our experience the following machines may NOT pass our strict limits:

Any make & model of bike with short type side silencers
Ducati 748/749/916/996/998/999, fitted with Termignoni open pipes
(but any of the above with standard pipes SHOULD pass)
Ducati 1098R
Ducati 1198
Ducati Multistrada (2011)
Ducati Panigale - all models
Honda CBR1000RR - 2008 model and 2010 modelon
Kawasaki ZX10 - 2009 and 2010 model
KTM RC8
Suzuki GSXR600 K6
Suzuki GSXR600 K7
Suzuki GSXR 750 K6
Suzuki GSXR 750 K7
Suzuki GSXR1000 K6 - 2006 model with standard exhaust
Suzuki GSXR1000 K7
Suzuki GSXR1000 K8
Triumph 675 - 2009 model (short type side can)
Yamaha R6 - 2006 model
Yamaha R6 - 2008 model (short type side can)
Yamaha R6 - 2009 model (short type side can)
Yamaha R1 - 2008 and 2009 model

Allowing just one machine on to the circuit over our noise limits could jeopardize the day to all our track users - hence the rigid policing of the regulations forced upon us by the local authorities.

This information is issued for guidance, we are always happy to sound check a bike prior to a customer making a booking. Please contact us for further information.

Goatse

stock exhaust it is, now to modify it if necessary to fit the bodywork!!!

I'm going to mess around with my 04 exhaust on the 08 and see how doable that would be. In theory, I'd think it'd be just as quiet as a stock 03-05 or R6S exhaust.

Last edited:

Goatse

It looks like putting a slip-on from an 03-05 or R6S should work. :D

I pulled the slip-ons from the 04 and 08 and the 04's lines up decently well on the 08. That does make sense since a lot of the 06+ R guys do the "05 header mod" for a cheap catless header solution.

I'll have to figure out a way to secure it a bit better, but I really do think it's an option. Maybe I'll modify my tail to be able to run the right side passenger peg, and drill a hole through it so that it would mount similar to how the 04 does. It seems easier than messing with that giant under belly pan.

Goatse

Maybe I'll modify my tail to be able to run the right side passenger peg, and drill a hole through it so that it would mount similar to how the 04 does.

For anybody thinking on doing this, the passenger peg from the 03-05's and R6S actually bolt straight up to the stock location on the R6R/V. I just got one from ebay for $40 with shipping.

Looks like this guy here,
images

Last edited: