new to emra

YZF1000jon

The first level school and track days sounds like your best bet, for now;). We don't want to discourage you from racing, but get hooked on the track first and build your skills, then start talking about racing. It all takes time.

fask

My first time at the track, ever, was a race school. My second time was a regional race. You know yourself and you know what you want, and what is best for you.

One piece of information that might be usefull; A race season tends to cost quite abit more than just doing track days for a season. For some people, more than double. You're not usually carrying rain tyres and a second set of rims to track days and that is JUST for starters.

Planepower

Over the winter, you might want to look at getting race fairings as a minimum, to put on rather than the street plastics - cheap insurance. Ive seen a quite few guys drop thier bikes at race school, track days and novice races.
And welcome

YZF1000jon

Or just take everything off that can be broken, track days and schools don't require bodywork, and the speeds at stratotech aren't fast enough to need the aerodynamics.

Snakes709

Well unfortunely my gf slammed our 370z into the bike, messed up all my fairing (not to bad)...i did abit of body repair but since it was my first try ever at body repair it didnt turn out looking like it was brand new...so those ill use for racing. She is buying me all new fairings/front cowl/kickstand and a rear brake lever over the winter.