Advancement to Intermediate

Jason Henton

What are the requirements for advancement from novice to intermediate? Is it simply 4 races with no crashes? Time based? Top 5 riders?

yak

Just to add that you have to request the promotion.

Of course if it is obvious that someone is waiting too long not so subtle hints might be dropped.

Jason Henton

Ok, I raced a double header weekend last year with no incidents - 4 race heats. So now I have the option to request an advance to intermediate? How does one do that?

Jason Henton

Its actually four rounds completed with ZERO incedents. And then yeah you talk to Ian.

~S
The rulebook states races, not rounds. I am asking for clarification on the "considered" part.
[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]
1.2 Rider Classification
[/FONT][/FONT]a) Novice status refers to first time or inexperienced riders. Novice riders must complete at least 2 race events or 4
races before they can be considered for advancement. If a Novice rider crashes in an event, they will be required
to race an additional event or 2 races before advancement. Novice riders may be required to wear a bright​
reflective jacket to clearly identify themselves on the track during practice.

DEFBOY35

it is 2 rounds, which equals four races. with the 2 novice races per round.

and scott in my case, i think dodging incidents around me probably helped my case! lol

Fireman

I can clarify hopefully. You need 4 clean races to be considered. That means no overly aggressive actions, appropriate pace, safe riding in a group, and no crashes.

At that point you can go ahead and register for intermediate races. If the executive has decided that the rider in not ready for that move, you will be notified though a riders rep, or a part of the executive on how you can improve.

I hope that clears up any confusion.

Fireman

I should also add. If a novice rider stays back in that class for what is deemed too long. They can also be graduated to intermediate by the executive in the name of keeping the class for its intended purpose.

The Novice class is a opportunity to learn how to ride around other racers without the additional pace of the intermediate grid. It is our stepping stone from trackdays to racing.

Justin

Goatse

I can clarify hopefully. You need 4 clean races to be considered. That means no overly aggressive actions, appropriate pace, safe riding in a group, and no crashes.

At that point you can go ahead and register for intermediate races. If the executive has decided that the rider in not ready for that move, you will be notified though a riders rep, or a part of the executive on how you can improve.

I hope that clears up any confusion.

It actually added some for me. Lol

So do we email Ian to get bumped up, or will we just be able to register for Intermediate races in Round 1, and then it's reviewed/approved by that process?

Fireman

It actually added some for me. Lol

So do we email Ian to get bumped up, or will we just be able to register for Intermediate races in Round 1, and then it's reviewed/approved by that process?

You can just register for round 1. At this point I am unaware of any of our novice racers that were put on a "observation" list.

DEFBOY35

i wasnt given the option online to register for the intermediate races until it was set to intermediate.