Bike Show

YZF1000jon

Ok, everyone it's that time of year again. I'm looking for volunteers for the bike show. Friday January 13th, 12 noon to 9pm, Saturday Jan 14, 10am to 8pm, and Sunday Jan 15, 10am to 5pm. We have bikes for display and now the personnell requirements await. Two hour shifts are what I recommend, but if anyone can stay longer they will be more than welcome. Friday during the day will be pretty quiet, and of course sunday will hopefully be a zoo. Let me know and we'll throw your name in the slot you request.

If anyone has any problems attaining their volunteer badge, the EMRA will refund the cost of the entry ticket, just make sure you keep it.

Friday
Adam Brown 12-4
Cody Tait 12-4
Evert Nadema 4-9
Jon Watchuk 5-9
Todd Yakimosky 6-9

Saturday
Heiko Boychuk 10-2
Scott Paras 10-2
Blair Layton 12-4
Lisa Assoignon 1-3
Mike Cormier 4-8
Trina Widders 4-8

Sunday
Cody Tait 10-2
Nigel VanderKooi 10-2
Neil Carlson 12-4
Dave Kendal 2-5
Jon Watchuk 2-5

http://www.edmontonmotorcycleshow.ca/visitors/

Last edited:

sv-racing-parts

:) Hi Jon, Sign me up for Saturday, I can do noon to either 4 or 6 PM, depending on the needs of the club. Last year on Saturday it was good to have 3 people at the booth through the afternoon,

So, I am good to go from 12:00 noon to 6PM,

I will Fly in for the show on Friday night and out on Sunday morning, it is a great chance to see so many EMRA friends and provide a little service for the club,

See you all at the bike show,

BTW: I will also be in Edmonton with my family staying at my Son's house from the 24th to the 30th if anyone feels like getting together for "coffee",

Best regards, and best wishes of the Holiday Season to all,

Blair

Last edited:

nac.00

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
Lets keep in mind what Ev was saying at the AGM. "if there is a time to sell the club, its at the bike show".

That is where we get the most exposure and most interest for the race school. Last year when I volunteered, we were just standing talking more amongst ourselves than with people passing by. We need to go out of our way and get people interested.

I know Justin makes some sick videos, and we have some nice bikes, but what else can we bring to the table? I think if we are passionate about it, we can convince people what they are missing....

Put me down for the busiest time of the bike show. I can pull a 4 hour shift.
Neil Carlson

sv-racing-parts

:) Well said Neil, Join me in the noon on Saturday shift,

BTW: the Seal and Spring for the Ohlins Steering Damper are here for you, I will bring them to Edmonton with me on the 24th unless you want me to mail to you sooner, Email me and let me know,

OK Everyone, we need more volunteers for the Bike show,

See you all there,

Blair

YZF1000jon

Agreed Neil. If any paaserby makes eye contact, don't feel shy about asking loudly "Been to the Races yet?" Part of the time you'll get a shake of the head and they'll continue on. More often than you'd think, people will feel obliged to answer your question, and that's the beginning of the conversation. Don't be surprised if they think you're talking about Castrol :rolleyes:

popik

Looks like i'll be puting a bike in so i'll be around for the setup and sunday afternoon for the teardown as well.

YZF1000jon

? ok, I thought there was a different 'tard on display, but as long as we have one that's all that matters. You don't have to be there for teardown, we can d/o the bike after the show or weekend is done too. Teardown is a bit of a madhouse, set up gets spread out and isn't nearly as bad.

sand.man

The requests for my Honda to be at the show were both overwhelming and flattering, I understand why everyone would want my Honda to be there but alas I won't be free to make an appearance.