Qualifying - Track Attack - September 5

GSmith

Is the Track Attack on Friday, September 5th strictly dedicated to racers qualifying for races on Saturday/Sunday with Groups A, B, and C going out individually as per typical qualifying sessions or are we all going to be shoe-horned into the Track Attack "Expert" group and go out at the same time?...including the WCC folks that will be attending.

yak

This is a Castrol Track Attack so there will be the normal street groups too.

I could speculate that if there are too many racers there could be a second race group, but there won't be the normal EMRA practice day rotation.

Ryno

Because the times will be counted for qualifying, is it to be assumed that registration and tech will go on before the start of the track night?

Fireman

We will do 2 race groups. Fast and slow race licensed racers.

There will also be a novice and intermediate street group.

There will not be a OTP group on this one.

I am confident this will work well.

Fireman

Is the racer split based on lap times or expert / intermediate + novice ?

I prefer lap times, however it seems that is seldom adhered to. So I'm guessing exp. and int nov.

I'll have to discuss it with the ninja prez and hear his thoughts.

ian

There is no plan to have race registration or tech open at the track night so that will be done Saturday morning.

We will try and divide the racer groups evenly by lap times - fast Intermediates and Experts in one group and the remaining Intermediates and Novices in the other group, this should be the safest way of dividing them.

Ian

sand.man

We will try and divide the racer groups evenly by lap times - fast Intermediates and Experts in one group and the remaining Intermediates and Novices in the other group, this should be the safest way of dividing them.

I like this idea, hopefully I qualify as a fast intermediate haha.