2013 Season Rule Changes

Miss T

the eligible bike would be for the sportsman not lightweight, falling under the proposed combined grid or just to fill a spot in sportsman. and winter is not over yet, who knows what might end up in the garage before the season.

i do agree that it is valuable to keep classes in a position to accept potential contingencies if they make a come back in the future.

Cool... if there still is a sportsman...
And thanks for the support on the other class...

Miss T

Was the only reason this class change was suggested to just combine several classes to make one? This has no advantage to each racer in their perspective race at all.

This was not to free up time or space in the race day. Please let us have our races.... you have yours.

Jason Henton

Being the only person in a race defeats the purpose of a race. Ask me how I know ;)

Never heard of time trials? Single person race against themselves or against a track record. Still racing :) My point was if your dividing expert and intermediates based on their lap times, its not competative to mix the two. 1.03 laptimes vs. 1.08s It also closes off doors to people coming into the sport. Just because you were the only one last year, doesnt mean its going to stay that way. I do agree that something could be done though. Perhaps modify the class to be 80hp + minimum 350lbs or something.

sand.man

Never heard of time trials? Single person race against themselves or against a track record. Still racing :) My point was if your dividing expert and intermediates based on their lap times, its not competative to mix the two. 1.03 laptimes vs. 1.08s It also closes off doors to people coming into the sport. Just because you were the only one last year, doesnt mean its going to stay that way. I do agree that something could be done though. Perhaps modify the class to be 80hp + minimum 350lbs or something.

We're not a time trials club, we're a road race club. The two other races my bike is eligible for are mixed expert/intermediate. I'm still competitive in them and I'm not fast.

Restricting to 80hp and 350+ pounds would make it an SV only class, bye bye single cylinder bikes.

yak

Wow, look at the traffic.

One other conern with a time based class is that our timing system seems to enjoy throwing in a randomnly generated lap time a little too often.

Ryno

Wow, look at the traffic.

One other conern with a time based class is that our timing system seems to enjoy throwing in a randomnly generated lap time a little too often.

As long as its randomly generated no one can say there is a bias ;) jk

Last edited:

mojobie

I am intimately familiar with how fun time trials are. It doesn't hold a candle to actual competition.

Instead of giving up on the less popular classes, why not think of ways to increase attendance?
- Direct contingency (perhaps based on attendance?)
- Store credit (such as Blair's thing for the SV Cup)
- Reduced entrance fees for those classes, or for track days for the winners (I do understand that our track fees are fairly low compared to other clubs, just trying to brainstorm)
- A "coupon" style discount for local or track vendors, or even other local stores/services like restaurants or gas stations

Unfortunately it seems a bit of a vicious cycle, low attendance in these classes leads to little support from manufacturers/vendors, which leads to less and less desire from racers to enter those classes. :(

Fireman

I am intimately familiar with how fun time trials are. It doesn't hold a candle to actual competition.

Instead of giving up on the less popular classes, why not think of ways to increase attendance?
- Direct contingency (perhaps based on attendance?)
- Store credit (such as Blair's thing for the SV Cup)
- Reduced entrance fees for those classes, or for track days for the winners (I do understand that our track fees are fairly low compared to other clubs, just trying to brainstorm)
- A "coupon" style discount for local or track vendors, or even other local stores/services like restaurants or gas stations

Unfortunately it seems a bit of a vicious cycle, low attendance in these classes leads to little support from manufacturers/vendors, which leads to less and less desire from racers to enter those classes. :(

These too are great ideas. Anyway of making the classes bigger will help attract sponsors/ contingency.

Ducbert

Absolutely a great suggestion. That would help make it a fuller grid for at least the scoring aspect for sure!

And no I don't feel like anyone is jumping on me. I figured a good conversation the day before the AGM would get some butts in the seats :)

I'm coming for the pizza and show.....is there something else going on? :rolleyes:

DEFBOY35

so has there been any further discussion on possible rules and or class changes for the upcoming season?

Fireman

so has there been any further discussion on possible rules and or class changes for the upcoming season?

The final changes are just being finalized. There will be a announcement very soon with any of the changes that are made. Thanks in advance for the patience.